Students (there will be free pizza!):
- Thursday, Sept. 4, Noon - 1:00pm, FHG Library 615 -OR-
- Thursday, Sept. 4, 5:15pm - 6:00pm, FHG Library 615
- Thursday, Sept. 4, 10:00 -10:45 am, FHG Library 409 -OR-
- Friday, Sept. 5, 10:30 – 11:15 am, FHG Library 409
Staff and Faculty:
- All WCU Employees: Friday, Sept 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm, FHG 409
The Library Space Study is meant to help us make the best changes possible in light of the current and future needs of WCU students, faculty and staff. The Library Space Study includes both the FHG Library and the Presser Library.
The Library Space Study will be undertaken by the Design Team of Kelly Maiello, Inc. Architects & Planners, http://www.kmarchitects.com/, and library consultants Aaron Cohen Associates, http://www.acohen.com/. Both firms are widely known and highly respected for their work with libraries.
The success of the Library Space Study requires collaboration with faculty, students, and staff. The goal is to develop long and short term plans to improve existing building conditions and space utilization and to provide for innovative library services in the future.
Some of the initial needs identified include:
- using existing space effectively
- increasing library seating capacity
- providing a variety of learning spaces for flexible individual and group use
- reviewing library services and processes
- better integrating the library into student and faculty research and creative activity by developing a Teaching, Learning and Innovation Commons (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_commons)
We hope to see you at one of these meetings!